Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life is a Musical

Sometimes I feel like I am living in a musical. My daughter loves to sing and dance all day long. She sings songs she knows but most of the time she is making up new ones. She sings songs about her friends, her family, her current activity, her moods, etc. And actually she sings in her sleep too. The other night when I couldn't go back to bed after a middle-of-the-night feed, I heard Kayla singing. It was so funny!

Her other new love has been to listen to CDs. I made a couple CD mixes of children music - and she will sit in front of the CD player on and off through out the day listening to her music. Since I haven't been able to give her my full attention lately, I think music and dance has become her other best friend.

Because of this great passion for music and dance, we decided to enroll her in a month-long ballet class with her friend Berkeley to see how she likes something a little more formal. Well, she loves it!!! She loves dressing up her in ballet shoes, tights, leotard, and tu-tu. She is so cute. I love watching her do a plie in first position - she does such a good job, but she is trying so hard to do it right that she looks like she is constipated. . . it makes me grin from ear-to-ear!!!

4 comments:

The Chapman Family said...

To a dancing mama such as yourself no wonder she is loving it! I love the dressup and pink tutus!

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Too too cute. How fun she's inherited your dancing jeans. I couldn't stop laughing thinking about constipated pliet.

Luke is super cute... he face has filled out... adorable!

Glad you're doing so well. Hope the beach vacation was great!

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Okay.. I meant GENES!

smiles, Sharon said...

Like mother, like daughter, for you, too, Miss Molly were born with rings on your fingers and bells on your toes. You were the Princess of Performance. Anyone who would hold still for five minutes you danced, sang and laughed for. You were pure delight as is Miss Kayla. Through Kayla, we relive your childhood and cherish past memories.