Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Beach!!!

This past weekend we took a trip to Myrtle Beach. We had a wonderful time. . . it was just what we needed!!! We spent two days soaking up the sun at the beach and hotel pools. We think we know what Kayla will be when she grows up - a professional boogie boarder. She is amazing!!! She caught so many waves and was able to ride almost all of them to the shore . . . we were all in awe by our little 3 year old's skills! Hunter and I took turns being shade squatters since we didn't want Baby Luke in the sun - it was really nice being able to just enjoy the breeze, the sound of the ocean, and to read. (I actually read a whole book this past weekend :-) Yeah!!) Isn't the picture of Luke below just adorable.
On our final day we decided to go check out the aquarium. We loved it - the exhibits were all so well done and I actually saw a few species I hadn't seen before.






Of course, while at the beach you have to squeeze in a couple unhealthy meals. . . so what better way to fill your stomach than pizza and ice cream!!! Yummy.
But I think the best part of the whole weekend was that I was able to catch up on some ZZZZZZs. Hunter volunteered to take the night shifts . . . so nice. But to our surprise there was only one night shift to be had. . . Luke slept like a rock. . . each night he gave us at least one 6 hour shift. I was so excited to return home to a sleeping baby - but to no avail - oh well, it was great while it lasted.

3 comments:

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

What a great update. Glad you had such a great time!

smiles, Sharon said...

Ethan, Ella,Zadian and Grammy Candy had a boogie-board blast seeing Kayla and Luke at the beach. We laughed and had so much fun seeing Kayla boogie boarding, Luke snoozing, and all those aquarium fish! Every day we look at the Gickling blog to see the cousins! So keep the fun photos flying over the internet waves.
Cheers: SwissFam Little Muggers and Gram.

Unknown said...

Adorable pics, we've all loved seeing kayla and Luke...what cuties!!! Sounds like a fun trip to the beach, we're off for four days to park city to hike, bike, rest and do the zip-line. love to you all, utah furnerfam!