Monday, January 10, 2011

The Thanksgiving Getaway

I apologize that it is January and I'm just writing about our Thanksgiving Getaway. .  .since my blog is my family's journal. . .I am going to be writing a lot of "catch up" posts -sorry!

For Thanksgiving, we decided to go to Kiawah Island, which is a little beach town south of Charleston.  We had a wonderful time and were so delighted to have a couple really nice days.  The first day was the best - it was warm enough for Kayla and Luke to get into the ocean in their swimsuits!  Some of the other days were much colder - but we still had fun!  So beautiful and such amazing wildlife!






There were a lot of activiites going on that weekend - a storytelling/campfire night, a fun carnival put on by the resort, and a "Meet Santa" event put on the by the town center. 


We even celebrated my birthday - I was lucky enough to get two cakes. 
One made by Kayla . . .
And one bought by Hunter . . .

We decided this was a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving and my birthday - especially since 
no one had to slave in the kitchen all day.  Loved it!

No comments: