Friday, January 28, 2011

Baby, its cold out there. . . .

When we moved to North Carolina a few years ago, everyone boasted about the temperate weather.  Temperate??  It has been soooo cold!

If you know me (and Hunter), you know that we hate being cold.  So I am not one of those fun moms who bundles everyone up and plays outside despite the weather. . . nope, we are an indoor family during the winter. (I apologize for my complaining to those of you who live in Chicago, Buffalo, etc.)

We have tried everything to keep the kids entertained these past two weeks. . . from McDonald playplace. . .to ChuckeCheese. . .to the Discovery museum.   Any other ideas anyone?


And I have been working on a bunch of house projects - cleaning out closets, dejunking the office (and shredding a trash bag worth of documents), and sprucing up the dining room.



I've also been trying new recipes. . .here is a vegetarian curry I made last week (Luke tore up the naan bread before I could take a picture). 


And tonight I'm going to make penne pasta with a cauliflower sauce (sounds gross I know, but I saw it on Rachel Ray and it looked yummy!)  No, I'm not becoming a vegetarian - just trying to eat a bit healthier.

Luckily our Singapore trip is just around the corner. . . so next I will be complaining about the heat!!! 

2 comments:

Mateo said...

Looking for a suggestion during the cold weather...move to Singapore...the cold won't be an issue. Can't wait to see you guys!

Michigan Roys said...

Your dining room looks awesome! I'm totally with you on the whole cold weather inside business! The library is where we like to go. Great cooking with all the veggies! Just wanted to say hello!