Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's a scorcher!!

This past week has been so hot here in Charlotte. We've been breaking records left and right. So, all I can say is "I love air conditioning" and "I love swimming pools". On Saturday, we spent 5 hours at the pool and despite our continual sunblock applications, we all ended up red. So, I don't think we will be going to the pool for that long again. Kayla said on Sunday "Mom, I am having a really bad day." Why Kayla? " My back hurts and it is making my day really bad" It was sad and cute all at the same time.

Well, we are trying to prepare for our future events. We've been really busy with the mortgage stuff - we just switched mortgage contacts this week since I was getting sick of dealing with BofA's 1-800 service, so we are now with a local BofA person. . . so we've pretty much started that from scratch. We also organized the garage, packed up a few boxes , and organized the baby stuff so we can grab it easily if needs be.

We are continuing to count down - 2 weeks until we close on our house - 3 1/2 weeks until the baby arrives (hopefully)!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I woke up to snow falling outside...seriously! Going to the pool sounds soooo nice.

smiles, Sharon said...

Cute Kayla is so expressive! What a use of grown up words.
Five hours at a pool can sprout fins!!