Luke - will be 8 months old next week and is probably about 22 pounds. He is my big boy!! He still chugs his bottle and loves his baby cereal, fruits, and veggies. He is rolling, reaching, scooting, and getting up on all fours – I think he will be crawling soon. I am little nervous about that since everything he can reach ends up in his mouth. His favorite chew toys include the TV remote, cell phone, and baby wipe bag. He has the most contagious smile as his entire face lights up when he grins and flashes his two bottom teeth . . . and yes, there is drool constantly coming out of that precious mouth. .. Watch out or you’ll get soaked. The times he smiles the most is when Kayla is in the room – he absolutely adores his big sister, who is always willing to perform for him.
She is often my second set of hands – she is usually willing to grab me a diaper, wipes, or toy for Luke and even collect all of his dirty bottles from upstairs (for a treat of course). But she is also testing her boundaries. Some things she tried out this past week are: opening the car door while on the freeway, painting the kitchen with banana slime and markers, and unbuckling her car seat while driving. Needless to say, after a time out was given for each of these events, Kayla apologized and promised to never do it again. I want to believe her, but I have a feeling there will be a few more tricks up her sleeves this week . . . as her current motto is “I can do it ALL by MYSELF” (except for the things mommy wants me to do all by myself). Good thing I’m like Luke and adore my K-A-Y-L-A, Kayla!


2 comments:
They are amazing little people! Each stage is different and fun and challenging in its own so keep on enjoying the ride!
Molly you have such a beautiful way of writing your mothering experiences. Truly a joy to read. Love Kayla's written "soap-opera" via the bathtub!! Too cute.
And having held Luke but one week ago, can attest to his heft and appetite!!
Post a Comment