Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

Bye-Bye Baby Luke, you grew leaps and bounds this past week.

He started sitting up and he can sit there for a long time, playing with his toys. He is also doing what I am calling the"Scootch Crawl". He scootches and crawls across the floor to get what he wants. Tonight, as I was reading Kayla her bedtime story, he crawled between her dress-up box and dresser and found the cord to the CD player - he loves to pull on cords. We are going to have to watch this kid like a hawk as he discovers the world around him.

To make this past week even more exciting, we went from freezing cold to spring time weather - we were in the 70s and 80s for a few days. (Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold again - boo-hoo!) So, the past couple days we spent a lot of time at the park and in the backyard.



Grammy Cathy was visiting us and so we took advantage of her babysitting services to go looking for a car. (Thanks Cathy!) We ended up buying the Hyundai Veracruz. I hated the car buying process, but I am excited to have a new car. We traded in Hunter's 1994 Jeep, which had 205,000 miles on it- he was so sad to see it go as he was quite attached to that car. Here's a pic of a Veracruz:

2 comments:

Michigan Roys said...

I love the first two years - they learn so much and it is so fun to watch them. I also hate the first two years because I love the baby stage so I miss it when it's gone.

Congrats on the new car! I hate the buying process too but it's over so enjoy the car - will you drive it or Hunter? Ours are sitting at Kevin's parent's housen while we are here and we won't own one on the island.

smiles, Sharon said...

Big Luke made the transistion from wiggle wagging to sitting and scootch crawling. Way to go Big Boy! Just sorry we missed it by a few weeks. It was obvious it was going to happen soon.
And big sister, Kayla, sitting proudly by his side, such a beautiful photograph of beautiful children. Special blessings in your life.