Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! 

There are so many amazing women and mothers that I know that have inspired me and challenged me to become a better person.  Thank you.

Since being married, Mother's Day has been a mixed bag of emotions.  But today it was a wonderful day.  Hunter made a delicious breakfast - french toast with raspberries and a delicious dinner - filet mignon.  Yummy!

He also took me on a much needed date last night since my kids and my mothering/household responsibilities completely overwhelmed me this week.  That is what really made this such a great Mother's Day.  It refocused me and reminded me how lucky I am to be a mother of two amazing children.

I am grateful I get to stay home with my children and do things like go on fieldrips with my kids (it was my first one).  We attended the "Between the Lions" performance at our local library on Friday.
Here's the two preschool classes that went.

My children are growing up so fast!  I hope I can enjoy all of the ups and downs of motherhood - while cherishing those really special moments.  And I wish the same for all you amazing mothers outs there.

2 comments:

smiles, Sharon said...

Molly you did have a beautiful Mother's Day compliments of sweet Hunter and cutie pies Luke and Kayla. What a joyful day! We are so happy it was special. A little birdie told me that YOU and KAYLA devoured all of the delicous raspberries...you rascals!

Michigan Roys said...

Kevin and I tease each other about fixing filet mignon but we never actually do! How lucky are you?! I love the waffles too. I miss our waffle makers and look forward to having them in just over a month! Happy Mother's Day to you!