Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Highlights" and "Lowlights" Another week with 2 Crazy Kids.

Last Sunday was Kayla's primary program. For Saturday's rehearsal, I ran her into the chapel a half an hour late and when I did so I noticed she was the only girl in pants! Whoops!

To redeem ourselves I decided to take a half an hour to practice the song "I Lived in Heaven" with Kayla. She was going to be singing this song with the rest of the primary, but she and a couple girls got to stand in front of the microphone during the song.

Sunday's primary program came and it was time for "her song". Lets just say it was truly "her song " as she elbowed the girl next to her to get her cute face right up to the microphone. And then she belted out
"I lived in Heaven a long time ago, it is true"
"la la la .....you"
"aaa la la ....plan"
"na na na na ...man".
While belting out a bunch of gibberish along with the last word of every verse she definitely livened up the program as we all started to giggle. Oh how I love my little Kayla. I was smiling, laughing, and pointing a no-no finger all at the same time (Luke thought it would be fun to mash a banana in church at the same time). Oh What a Day!

A couple days later, I met a friend at the park. I gave Luke a bottle to keep him happy for a few moments, so I could "chat" with my friend. He went walking off with his bottle and fell into an enormous ant pile. We looked over and saw hundreds of little ants crawling up him - so we rushed over to him. . . we quickly undressed him and swiped them off! While doing so, we felt twinges of pain - they were FIRE ANTS and we were all getting bit. By the time we got Luke ant-free, he had about 15 bites and they started swell. Luckily, the swelling didn't last too long before turning into "scabby zits". My friend was the true hero. Despite her known adverse reaction to ant bites(her arms swelled up for a couple days afterwards), she helped me save my kid.

2 comments:

smiles, Sharon said...

I have heard of ants in the pants, but this takes the cake, rather, sting. Ouch!!! times three!

Hmm Kayla is sounding more and more like her mommy at the same age. Enjoy, Molly-- there is more to come!!! Lah de Dah....mom

Aaron Smith said...

Still laughing about Kayla in pants stealing the stage. So awesome!