We were hoping to have a calm, relaxing Christmas this year but lets just say that at times it was anything but relaxing. The weeks before Christmas I was very busy working on church service projects like the Angel Tree, which is a wonderful thing that our ward does for our community. And I was so happy when I got it all done in time for all the fun Christmas events that were happening the weekend before Christmas.
So the Friday before Christmas, we were off to Hunter's work Christmas party, which is always so well-done but half way through Hunter started shivering and shaking like no other. So as soon as we could leave, without being totally rude, we raced home and took Hunter's temperature which was 104 degrees. So he went to bed and stayed in bed for four days. Poor guy ending up having the flu and strep throat so no wonder he couldn't get out of bed.
So the rest of us still attended the Christmas parties and were excited when my sister and niece arrived a couple days before Christmas! But there was still so much to be done and lets just say I was amazed that we even pulled off Christmas this year as I had pushed off a lot of things until the last minute as I had been so busy all month long. But since my mom and sister took over the Christmas Eve festivities and assigned me Christmas dinner instead it made it possible to get everything done in time. Yippee!
So we were able to have a great Christmas and the kids were happy as can be and even Hunter was able to get out of bed and enjoy the Christmas day festivities - yeah!!!
So here are some pictures of everyone on Christmas Eve at grammy's house!
We love our niece/cousin - and she was so helpful with baby Lauren!
Our Angel-baby Lauren loved relaxing in a cardboard box!
Don't worry this candle is fake - so no burns or wax drippings!
We were ready at our house for Santa to arrive. . .the kids put out cookies,carrots, and milk and a note for Santa. But the kids were sad that they had to say goodbye to Jingles. . . their Elf on the Shelf.
Yeah! Santa did come!
I think Kayla's favorite present was this cool encyclopedia set.
We finally joined in on the Wii craze a few years late. . . Santa gave us the old version but everyone is loving it, especially the Just Dance 4 game. So if you want to get your dance on - stop by our house!
Remote control Transformer - Luke thought it was "so awesome"!
Already playing with the toys! Operation - a classic game that Hunter and I were even excited about.
Our baby Lauren is 14 months and still not walking - we asked Santa for this as we thought it would help get her motivated, but so far she hasn't had a thing to do with it.
Here are some pics of Christmas day dinner where we had cheese fondue, ham, salad, and chocolate fondue - so fun and so delicious!
A couple days later my other sister arrived with her husband and dog - her dog is the calmest, sweetest dog I have ever met. . . she was so content just hanging out under the Christmas tree or on the couch! My kids loved the dog and they loved the cute blankets my sister made for them.
The girls had a fun day out as we all went shopping and out to lunch. It had been forever since I had actually stepped foot into a mall . . .which was so fun but so packed! Then that night we went an saw Les Miserables...which was so good!
Unfortunately, after this day out things started to go down hill again. My sister came down with strep and then a couple days later I came down with strep. And everyone else was coughing or sniffling. . . not so fun.
Unfortunately, after this day out things started to go down hill again. My sister came down with strep and then a couple days later I came down with strep. And everyone else was coughing or sniffling. . . not so fun.
So it probably wasn't the best Christmas ever, but it was still really nice and what matters is the kids were happy as can be :-)

















1 comment:
I'm glad everyone is feeling better. You always have so much fun and family around for the holidays! How lucky!
Post a Comment