As we get closer to the arrival of our third child, we are feeling the need to pack our weekends full of fun things that are hard to do with a newborn. So, the weekend after returning from Utah, we decided to explore more of North Carolina. We went to Brevard, which is cute little town in the mountains surrounded by beautiful waterfalls and a natural water slide.
After spending the day exploring the waterfalls, we decided to spend the night in Hendersonville so we could go apple and peach picking while we were in the mountains . . . the weather was perfect all weekend and we had a great time enjoying the outdoors.
Over Labor Day weekend, the majority of my family got together for a quick family reunion. We had a lot of fun hanging out and catching up . . . we had a girl's day out which included manicures/pedicures and lunch, we went to the movies, the pool, and lots of yummy restaurants of course! It was really fun. Here are a few pics of everyone.
My sisters and I getting our pedicures.
My sister-in-law and two nieces at our favorite breakfast place, Flying Biscuit.
My sister and brother-in-law are all smiles after a delicious birthday dinner and ice cream cake.
The BOYS. . . Luke and his cousin had lots of fun together!
This past weekend, we went to Hilton Head with my parents and Hunter's mom and sister. We had a wonderful time doing our favorite things, sleeping in, relaxing at the beach, and trying new restaurants.
Unfortunately, the only pictures I took were of my kids at the beach . . .
Luke loved crawling and rolling around in the sand as well as feeding and chasing flocks of birds!
While Kayla enjoyed those activities too, her favorite was boogie boarding with dad!
One thing I have to add is . .. We went to a breakfast buffet in Hilton Head and I recognized the head chef, Orchid, my favorite contestant on this past season's show of The Next Food Network Star. She was as nice in real life as she seemed to be on the show. . . so bummed she didn't win! (Here's a pic from the food network's website since I didn't have my camera with me)
Now that fall is just around the corner, I can't wait to continue to enjoy more fun festivities.







3 comments:
OH my, you are busy kids! So fun to do so much. Great up date!
Definitely loads of fun for you guys! Keep it up. Love, Mateo
WE LOVE YOU TAKING ALL THESE ADVENTURES BEFORE YOU GET TIED DOWN WITH DIAPERS, BOTTLES, NIGHT FEEDINGS....YIKES, IT IS SO CLOSE!!! BUT IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE ADDING A THIRD BUNNY TO THE FUNNY BUNNIES. SUCH GREAT ADVENTURES. SO MUCH BEACH FUN AT HH....GREAT SHOT OF KAYLA ALL DRIPPY WET AND HAPPY....AND PROUD OF WHAT SHE HAD DONE. SAY I THOUGHT I GOT ALL THE SEAGULL PHOTOS.....GUESS I LEFT YOU ONE AFTER ALL. SUPER POSTING OF A FABULOUS MONTH.
Post a Comment