Saturday, September 26, 2009

We're Alive and Having Fun

I can't believe it has been 4 months since I last wrote a blog. Besides having a busy summer, this blog did not get any updates because our computer broke. We waited about six weeks to get a new one and then we bought a computer that was a total LEMON. So, we returned it and got another lemon computer! Needless to say we switched brands, and now have a reliable computer that I can blog from! Yippee!

So, I think I will blog backwards and start with our most recent trip. We went to Hilton Head with the Gickling family last week and had a wonderful time. The weather, house, house location, and beach were absolutely amazing! While playing on the beach, we found hundreds of star fish that got stuck in the wade pools and needed our help to make their way back to the ocean to ensure survival - Kayla and her cousins thought this was so cool. Kayla and Luke loved digging holes, building castles, and chasing the birds. Fishing was Hunter's favorite activity, he caught everything from blue fish to a sting ray to a starfish to a lemon shark to a dolphin (kind of sad a dolphin probably has a hook in its mouth now). I, of course, loved reading and relaxing on the beach, while take the occasional dip in the warm ocean water. When not at the beach, we were swimming in our pool, eating at some yummy restaurant, or just relaxing.
On our way down to Hilton Head, we spent a day in Charleston. We toured the town via carriage to learn more about the history of Charleston, then spent the rest of the evening walking around. Kayla couldn't resist getting soaked in the water fountains.


In the middle of our Hilton Head week, we toured Savannah and ate lunch at Mr. Wilke's boarding house - I've never seen so much food in my life - we were so stuffed when we left, we couldn't anything else the rest of the day.

Well that pretty much summed up our fun week at the beach. Can't wait to go back sometime.

2 comments:

Michigan Roys said...

Glad to hear it was computer trouble and not something more serious. Although, when you're the one having the computer trouble it is a big deal! Glad you're back!

It sounds like you're having great fun. We love the beach too (it has grown on me) and I've only ever seen once starfish in real life.

You're little boy isn't so little any more. I guess that's what 4 months can do to a kid!

Just thought I'd say HI! I guess I could send you an email - and you can get it and reply now that you have a computer :-)

Jen said...

Glad to hear you have a computer up and running, I was missing your blog posts! Your pictures really make me miss the beach!