"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." Author: Rajneesh
The first time I held my baby girl, Kayla Marie, I went from being a woman to a mother. I thought I knew what it meant to be a mother, but I realized I had no idea.
"The sweetest sounds to mortals given. Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven." Author: William Goldsmith Brown
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." Jewish Proverb
I truly believe that motherhood is the greatest gift. I feel so blessed to be given the stewardship over my two beautiful children - to teach them the ways of the world and of the whispers of heaven.
"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children." Author: Sam Levenson
There are days where I feel like I am going insane being a stay-at-home mom. It is amazing how children can bring out the best and worst in you. But luckily the good days completely outweigh the bad days - I find motherhood so much more fulfilling and rewarding that I ever thought possible.
"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. " Author: Mildred B. Vermont
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." Author: Tenneva Jordan
My mother always made sure her children's needs where met before her own. She is still that way today, even though we are all grown up and have families of our own. She is an amazing mother who skillfully managed her busy life taking care of 5 children, working part-time, and serving her church and community. Mom - I love you!
I feel the same way about my wonderful, caring mother-in-law, who raised 4 great children! I am especially grateful that she raised such a wonderful man whom I love with all my heart.
I know so many amazing mothers who I admire and learn from each day. . .
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." Author: Sophia Loren
I especially love this quote as it makes me feel a little bit better about my forgetfulness and absent-mindedness that has taken precedence since becoming a mother.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Smart Little One
7 years ago


2 comments:
Love those quotes and your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
Molly, I miss you! i love jumping on your blog and seeing how you & your family are doing. Glad you had a good mother's day.
Post a Comment