November has turned out to be a very busy month. . . so this post should catch everyone up on the highlights of the last three weeks.
Luke's Baby Blessing
On November 9th, Luke received his baby blessing at four months and two days old. Hunter's parents were able to come and join us, which was really nice. Hunter gave the blessing at our church and he included his father, the bishop, and the rest of the elder's quorum presidency in the circle. Hunter gave a beautiful blessing. Unfortunately, we didn't have anything to record it with - so Hunter's mom and I scrambled to jot down everything he was saying. The plus side being I didn't have a chance to tear up.
Kayla and Luke on the blessing day.
Daddy and Luke - both so handsome.
Grandparent's Visit
We had a great time with the grandparents (Hunter's parents). Of course the week was filled with shopping and good food. One night, we ate at a "fish camp", which was quite the southern experience. If you like fried fish . . .we've found the place for you!
One of the highlights was the Lazy Five Ranch. . . it was so neat. . . you take a wagon ride through animals of all sorts, most of which were roaming free, and we were able to feed them from the wagon. Some of our favorites were the giraffes, deer, buffalo, and pot-belly pigs. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to share as we used Cathy's camera - so as soon as I get them I'll add them to the post.
This picture was taken at the Historic Latta Plantation, which was neat, but not quite as fun as the ranch.
Kayla's First "REAL" Haircut
Finally, at 3 years and 4 months old, Kayla went to a children's hair salon for a "real" haircut. It was the first time, where we did more than trim up her wispy, fine hair. It took Hunter and I a couple days to get used to Kayla's cute new look. . . as she was no longer our little baby girl . . . but our beautiful 3 year old who is growing up way too fast. The "Before" Picture
The "Makeover" Picture
Halloween
Halloween night started out sunny and warm. . . and within an hour. . . it was very cold and very dark. But we had a fun night, dashing from door to door with our friends in the neighborhood . . . and Kayla really scored on the candy. . .
I wasn't joking when I said, we "dashed" from door to door. Kayla was on a candy hunt.
The dashing actually caught up with them - and they had to take some breathers.
And don't forget that you always have to count and sort your candy, the night of Halloween.


4 comments:
What a beautiful way to start the THanks-Giving season,acknowledging wonderful family moments and experiences. We feel a part of your lives because you take the time to write, photograph and chronicle your family-living. You have captured the beautiful spirit of Family-Hood! Love Sharon
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOLLY DEAR!!!!! Hope your day is grand. Love the new pictures. Your kids are beautiful. MIss you guys.
Okay, so I just went through all your past blogs - Kevin's on the phone with his mom. I just loved catching up on you and your family. I know I did a little of that on your birthday but it was fun to see what you are doing and all the pictures. Just thought I'd write to say hello!
Hey guys. Thanks for the thoughtful note and gift in the mail. We loved it!
Post a Comment