Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kayla Turns 3!!!

Kayla turned 3 on Wednesday, July 9th. Since that was the day mom and baby Luke were returning from the hospital, we decided to postpone her birthday until Saturday, July 12th. It was really hard not to tell her "Happy Birthday" on the actual day, but I think it was a good decision so she could have a whole day of birthday celebrations.

In the morning, we started celebrating her birthday by giving her the big gift - the dollhouse and accompanying Snow White and Cinderella dolls. After presents, we had pancakes and eggs for breakfast...yummy!!!

Kayla's favorite gift was her $1 helium balloon. She has been playing with it constantly and finding all sorts of tricks that she can do with her "Happy Birthday" balloon. She also loves her cooking apron that her Aunt Ta-Ta gave her, which she is showing off in the above picture.

In the afternoon, we had our new neighbors and our old neighbors come over with their kids for cake and ice cream. Kayla wanted a ladybug cake, just like her first birthday, so we made one big one for the adults and four little ones for the kids. Kayla loved her birthday cake and ice cream!!! She is looking forward to more birthday cake when we throw her a princess birthday party in a couple weeks.

After cake and ice cream, Grammy Shar-Shar gave Kayla her new bright red crabby sandbox (I picked out the sandbox myself, but didn't realize how red it was until we put it on our backyard). Kayla and her friends had a blast playing in it - Kayla has always had a love for sand and water, so I think she is going to really enjoy having a sandbox in her own backyard.
Her birthday was a really fun day until her excitement kept her up all night. Between Baby Luke and Princess Kayla, we are all a little puffy eyed this morning, but feeling so blessed to have two wonderful children that we so adore. Life is great!!!

6 comments:

Nellie said...

Congratulations to you all! How fun to have two little ones, and I can't believe Kayla is three! Luke is Adorable!!

smiles, Sharon said...

This is a day we will all long cherish! And for all reading this blog, the biggest pop for the dollar IS a pretty helium balloon!
Grandma Shar Shar

The Reno Rowdies said...

Congratulations you guys! Baby Luke is the most perfect looking baby I think I have ever seen. I'm glad I know you have a blog. Now I can keep tabs on you guys over in Charlotte.

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Such great photos! Thanks for posting the one with the cute apron. You guys are doing such a great job making her feel special with the addition of the new baby!
XO
Tata

The Chapman Family said...

Happy Birthday Kayla! Looks like a super fun day and yes those balloons are way too cool. Maybe that is what we will get her for her birthday is a bunch of those.

Jonathan said...

Hey guys! Wow! Kayla's 3 and Luke is here... Your kids are super good lookin. I hope you guys are recovering well, and maybe even getting some sleep?