Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby Luke Arrives July 7th!!!

Welcoming Baby Luke to the Gickling Family

Baby Luke is so precious. He was born on July 7th at 2:58 p.m. He was just under 8 lbs and was 20 1/2 inches tall!! His eyes are very dark, his toes and fingers are long and skinny, and he is just oh so cute.




Waiting for the contractions to really kick in. The labor was fairly smooth and only took 7 hours from start to Baby Luke's arrival. It was well worth it!!

As Kayla said,"he was IN and now he is OUT" . . ."when will he go back IN?"


He slept pretty much the entire first day of his life. . . I love watching him sleep. Since the first day he seems to have his days and nights mixed up, so we are working on that.



Proud daddy! Hunter is thrilled to have such a cute little boy.


Just hanging out in his new home. He is pretty agile for only being 3 days old.





Big sister Kayla admiring her little brother. She loves having Baby Luke around. She gets a little jealous at times, but overall she is doing really well transitioning. She is really cute and soft with her baby Brudder.



As I am writing this post one handed. . .I think I will close for now and update you all later. I just wanted to get something up for everyone to look at.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Awwww...he's adorable! I wish I was there to see him in person and hold him. I hope he gets the night and day thing figured out soon. Congrats!

Tricia said...

Congrats to the whole family. Well done Molly! He's adorable!

Jolley's said...

Congrats Molly!! He is sooo cute! I've been thinking about you and am glad to hear that everything (baby, move, new job..ect) has gone smoothly so far! Can't wait to see him in person!

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Such cute cute photos! (I was able to see all of them!) I love the one with him and Kayla on the blanket. He is truly an adorable baby, Molly. I also love the one with just him on the blanket... I can't believe his skin coloring. Much darker than Kayla. We can't wait to see the four of you in August!
XO's from Tata and Uncle Dan

Natalie said...

So so so so so incredibly cute. He's a beautiful baby. So sweet. I wish we could see him in person and hold him and kiss him. Glad things went well. I hope you have a quick recovery and that Kayla continues to transition well. We're so thrilled for you guys. Love and miss you all. Congrats!!! xox

Tracie Frost said...

He's beautiful!! Eva asked when Arin was going back in too. :)

We're so glad that everything went so well this time - you definitely deserved it!

The Chapman Family said...

Molly Congratulations Big Time! He is so adorable and looks like a cuttle bug. Glad to hear that you and Luke are healthy. Can't wait to see him in person.

Mateo said...

Wish we were there to give you all a big kiss! EEZN are talking heaps about baby Luke wondering when he's coming over to play. Love, Mateo